Friday, February 20, 2004

Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball

Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball.

Really.

I even have a machine at home. Gorgar. The first talking pinball machine. He only could speak seven words (You, Me, Speaks, Gorgar, Beat, Hurt, and Got), but through the magic of technology, they could be rearranged in many ways, such as "Me Gorgar, beat me", "You hurt Gorgar", and the best of all, "You beat me". Oh yeah, baby, take that. Feel the power of my mad pinball skillz. It's all very S&M.

Unfortunately, he's not working right now, which is something I need to get taken care of. The good thing is that as I've been researching links for this entry, I've found all kinds of neat resources to help me with that project. Because I really need more unfinished projects around the house.

So anyway, once in a while, I get the urge to go and play, but there are fewer and fewer places to do so. And when I do find a place to play, the machines are usually not set up properly, nor are they well maintained. When I win the lottery, I think I'll open up an arcade with nothing but pinball machines. I'll keep 'em clean, level and generally in good working condition. OK, maybe I'll throw in a couple old school vids like Space Invader, Asteroids and PacMan. But that's it. None of those mega-fighter-kung-fu-action things.

In the meantime, if you know of a good place to play, let me know.