Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Attention Recruiters!

Many recruiters seem to find my resume via Google. So I'm assuming that some may also come across this blog as well. So I have a simple request . . .

Look, when I get emails from y'all about a position that requires relocation (not gonna happen) or that doesn't match my experience at all (I'm going to let that be for now), then I always take the time to reply, saying "thank you for contacting me, but I can not consider relocation at this time" or "... but that position is not a good fit for my skills." Or something.

The thing is, I practice what we used to call "common courtesy"

So I'd appreciate it if, when we've talked about a position, and I've sent you my resume "in Word format" and maybe you've even gone ahead and submitted it, could you at least have the common courtesy to not just leave me hanging? Call me or email me and say "the client didn't like you". I'm a big boy, I can take it. But seriously, just tell me what's going on.

Leaving me hanging without any contact doesn't really make you look good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home