Monday, February 23, 2004

Ow.



I went to the gym yesterday morning for the first time in mumblety-three weeks. So, yeah, ow. However, with the Kauai vacation coming up in less than five weeks, I figured I'd better tone up a little. OK, a lot, but there's only so much I can do in a month.

This weekend, I thought a lot about "internet friendships" and how they can be either ephemeral or enduring, or maybe even both. This is mostly because I "stumbled" across an old friend online the other night. We met online nearly nine years ago, and even though he lives in the same geographic area, we only met face-to-face one time. Since then, we've exchanged very sporadic e-mails -- like once or twice a year. Yet on Saturday night, when we started IM-ing, it was like there hadn't been any gap in communication at all. I actually feel pretty good about that. Maybe we'll even get together and have a beer!

Also, Microsoft is pissing me off. Big news there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home