Monday, April 19, 2004

More Fun With Nouns




Inertia
I e-mailed the recruiter this morning and said "no thanks" to the Kansas gig. Now is just not the right time for me to try to relocate, nor to try to work some fancy long-distance-every-other-weekend commuting thing. Not all the way to and from Overland Park Kansas, anyway. On the other hand, I really need to kick it up a notch on the job search thing, as well as the
get-the-house-and-life-into-more-easily-relocatable-shape thing. I'm beginning to get a little worried. Just saying "something will turn up" is not really going to make something turn up. Heck, if that worked, I'd have a boyfriend, a mansion, and a yacht.

Denial
On Saturday, I went to Plan 9 Records "just to look." Who knew that the Depeche Mode Singles box sets (1 through 3) were being re-released, with the addition of three new ones? Then I noticed that they had a CD from Lloyd Cole that I had missed. At that point, I checked my wallet, but found that my Plan 9 discount card wasn't in there, so I satisfied myself with just on one of the DM sets (5 for those of you playing at home), since it was on sale anyway.

Subsequent research led me to discover the there is another Lloyd Cole disc due for release tomorrow, and I managed to jot down a couple other things the check for. Also, I put my discount card in my wallet so I wouldn't forget.

Note to self: you have no money to spend on CDs, fool.

Kin
Woo hoo, I get to meet my 6 month old nephew for the first time on Friday.


current music
Pet Shop Boys - Single

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home