Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Moving Along


Just when I was enjoying this place
It's official, I guess. Pending the background checks and all that. I'll be relocating from the greater Richmond area to . . . Columbus.

No, not Ohio.



Georgia.

Hmmmmm. I tried to get a response from the folks in DC, because I'd rather have had that job and I'd been thinking about all the logistics of moving up there. But I got nothing after two full business days. And the offer in GA is for a hella nice chunk of change. Certainly one that will go further, considering the cost of living difference. I'll re-evaluate constantly. They want me there on June 1, which is going to be challenging, to say the least.

I just checked, and at least there's a Best Buy. The other day I tried to find out if there's a Starbucks, but the sbux website sucks bigtime, so I can't say for sure. (Dear Starbucks -- People use other browsers. Get used to it. No, you don't get a link. Bite me.)

So, yeah, no floppy hat/Dupont Circle thing. Not this year anyway. I think I might have to drive up this weekend for Blowoff, though, because it sounds like fun. I'm not sure about the whole removing my shirt thing though. I don't want to scare anybody.


current music
Morrissey - You Are The Quarry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home