Thursday, May 13, 2004

Dreamin' Is Free



If the greater Richmond area keeps this up, I don't know what I'm going to do.
Last night I finally got the chance to see Blondie in concert. I've loved them since I first heard "Heart of Glass" played on the radio back in, ummm '78? '79?

Deborah Harry looked good and sang even better. Not bad for a 58 year old. They opened with "Atomic" and followed with over ninety minutes more music, a great selection of the classic old stuff and some of the newer stuff. A kick-ass rendition of "Rapture" was definitely the highlight of my night.

It was the first time I'd been to an Innsbrook After Hours concert in at least five years. (And if you look at the rest of this summer's schedule, you can see why.) It was nice to see a few familiar faces as I wandered through the crowd. A couple guys up from Portsmouth, some old cow-orkers from Capital One, friends of friends.

obNelson
I thought they weren't going to play "Heart of Glass" but then, BAM, second encore!

These dogs are barking!
Since the Innsbrook Pavilion is nearby and I didn't see the need to deal with traffic, I headed out on foot. OK, so walking three miles round-trip in Tevas? Not so smart. I'm sure it was good for me though, according to my handy new Stepometer, I logged 9,241 steps. That might include some dancing, since otherwise the math doesn't work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home