Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now


I was looking for a job
It's official. I'm unemployed again as of the end of this week. I do have an interview lined up for Friday. It's up in Arlington, VA, however, which will make the living/commuting logistics interesting, should it get that far. My immediate thought is to keep the house here in Richmond and try to find a studio or one bedroom place somewhere in NoVa that can be my pied-à-terre during the week. I guess I'd better get the job first.

And then I found a job
I was highly amused yesterday evening to find a message on my answering machine, as well as an email, informing me of a contract position available at my previous employer. Even more interesting is the fact that another guy in the office where I'm currently working (until tomorrow), is applying for the same position with a different contracting company. I don't want to jeapordize his chances, but I think there might be multiple opportunities. And heck, I know I'm qualified. Would it be too weird to go work there, with all the same people? I guess weird trumps broke, so I'm going to start the ball rolling on that one too.

Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself
The Mozzer is back, looking and sounding pretty good. You can see the video at VH1.com, the single ("Irish Blood English Heart") is released next Tuesday, and the full CD follows on 18 May. These are all U.S. dates, of course. (Full disclosure, the video link is from the blog Oh Manchester, So Much To Answer For.) I think Morrissey is looking pretty good in the video, and I really like the song. Made me break out Vauxhall and I last night. If you're lucky enough to live in or around NYC, he's playing five nights there next week. I don't know about ticket availability, because I can't go anyway.

One Way Or Another
I'll have to be satisfied with going to see Blondie at Innsbrook After Hours.


current music
Underworld - AHundredDaysOff (heh. I didn't even think of that in the context of my job sitch. silly subconscious!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home