Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Do You Remember?



I don't even know what path I took to get there, but I discovered yesterday that Bob Mould has a blog. I added a link over there on the right. Looks like he lives in DC now and DJs at a couple places around town. Interesting.

If you are scratching your head about who Bob Mould is, well first of all, shame on you. Secondly, he was the guitar player and singer for Hüsker Dü, one of the seminal US punk bands (which he refers to on his blog solely as "my 80's band") and then went on to produce some excellent albums on his own and with the band Sugar (I have the original limited-availability version of Copper Blue, with a sleeve made of, surprisingly enough, copper) and then on his own again for several more albums. A couple of which, I have just discovered, I don't have yet. They're on that Granary Music site, you can find 'em if you poke around.

I'm pretty happy to have stumbled across his blog. I have missed many shows in my time, but I really regret not seeing Bob at the Iron Horse in Northampton, MA back in the day. Perhaps I will have to plan a trip to DC. Not that I'm planning on being a fanboy/stalker, I'm just particularly intrigued by shirtless men night at the Green Lantern.




current music
Sugar - Besides

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home