Wednesday, May 05, 2004

I Wish I Was A Writer


who sees what is yet unseen
I took these pictures with my new cellphone. I feel like they should be illustrations for a short story that I don't have the talent to write.


Maybe something with a Bukowski-esque feeling. Or something noir.

I get that feeling a lot - that I have stories to tell, but I don't know how to do it. I'll see a line written by somebody online somewhere and think "that would be an excellent first line [or last line] for a story." And I even have a couple of those lines stashed away in a file on my peecee. But I never do anything with them. I can barely imagine learning how to be a journalist. (Although I've been mistaken for one, by a group of real journalists, something about my "seedy disreputable air." Thanks, Will.) Fiction seems way beyond me.

Lyrics
I wish I was a writer
who sees what is yet unseen
I wish I was a prayer
expressing what I mean
I wish I was a forest
of trees that do not hide
I wish I was a clearing
No secrets left inside

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home