Monday, May 03, 2004

Getting Healthy


Health, physical
I guess today is the proverbial first day of the rest of my life. Back to the gym. I was doing so well before - and even during - my vacation, then I turned into a total slacker for a month. The strep throat excuse ran out a long time ago. So I hit the cardio stuff hard this afternoon and will go back for some lifting in the morning. Trying to eat better too, without going all Atkins/South Beach.

Health, fiscal
I'm also hard at work on the job search. Which should be easy, right? After all, the economy is doing well, yacht sales are up. (NPR Audio Link). What a relief that must be to people who are struggling to feed their families.

Health, mental
I supposed I could let myself be stressed out by a lot of things. The employment situation. Stories on the news about Jacko's Calvins. Stupid emails from the ex. The funny noise my car makes when I turn the steering wheel. But you know what? I can't control everything. And at the risk of sounding like a twelve step mantra, I can work on changing the things I can control, and ignoring the ones I can't.

I have good friends and a cat who seems to like me.

current music
808 State - Outpost Transmission

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home