Saturday, July 10, 2004

And I Thought The Gold Box Was Bad


Amazon has really gone off the deep end this time. I went to the main page so that I could find my way to the place where I re-list the books and CDs I have for sale. I was greeted by something called my "plog." Clicking on the "What is a plog" link gave me a page that tells me "The Plog™ Service is a personalized blog" and "Your Amazon.com Plog is a diary of events that will enhance your shopping experience."

OK, the whole idea of a "push blog" is strange enough, right? But in case the poor unwashed masses don't know what a bog is to begin with, the provide "a list of some of the best and most popular blogs" which includes the following line:

  • andrewsullivan.com--A respected intellectual columnist blogger


In my feedback to Amazon, telling them how much I don't want a "plog" I made sure to tell them:

And for the record, in your list of Blogs, Andrew Sullivan is most decidedly NOT respected nor intellectual, he's a craven toady who is roundly despised by almost all intelligent gay men, if not intelligent people throughout the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home