Monday, June 28, 2004

68 Guns


My fancy new loft apartment here in GA has an alarm system. When I signed the lease, I was given the opportunity to choose my own four-digit code, so I chose a number that I use for many such four digit things -- perhaps not the most secure choice, but if I come stumbling in from the Cannon after a couple too many IPAs, I don't want to be trying to remember some "unfamiliar" code. A couple days after I moved in, I found the workslip from the maintenance guy indicating that he'd been in to program my code into the alarm.

Of course when I tried to arm it, it just laughed at me. About a week later, I finally had a chance to stop in the office and report the problem. Again the slip indicating that it had been programmed, and again the total lack of working.

I paged the maintenance guy today, and he came by, looked right at the piece of paper where the code is written down -- let's call it ABCC -- and punched in ABBC. Problem identified!

For whatever reason, he was unable to reprogram it, and has to have the monitoring company dial-in to fix it. So I guess I'll go unalarmed for a few more days.

current music
New Order - Regret (Pet Shop Boys Remix)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home