Thursday, June 03, 2004

Imagine that I actually posted this yesterday, OK?


Wednesday, 2 June 2004
Things are fairly slow at the new job so far. This is exacerbated by the fact that I've not been given a network login yet. Thus, I am using up some time writing blog posts longhand, for later transcription. (note to self: bring notebook PC to work tomorrow)

I started to write a big diatribe about my wonderful first twelve hours with AO-fucking-L, but I got to three pages and even I didn't care anymore. Suffice to say that their software sucks and their tech support blows.

Much more interesting and exciting for me is that I found a place to live -- 11th Street Lofts, Unit 9 in the Tarver building if you really care. It's two blocks from work. So it's not DC, there's no Metro and no Dupont Circle for the tossing of floppy hats. On the other hand, a couple blocks to the west, there is a Riverwalk, and a block or two south is The RiverCenter. The YMCA is one block east, and down the road a bit further is the Civic Center, where I'll be able to watch the Columbus Cottonmouths play ice hockey.

current music
Weekend Players - Pursuit Of Happiness (take THAT, Rio! I will always like this)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home