Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Working


I had to work yesterday. Use my brain and everything. It's been so long I had almost forgotten what it was like. Also notable was the fact that the people I was working with actually listened to my input and seemed to value what I said. Now that hadn't happened in a really long time.

The downside to this is that we've been given a nearly impossible deadline to meet -- yes, here we are in the 21st century, and businesses still think they schedule hard implementation dates for IT projects without even supplying functional requirements first -- so it looks like there will be lots of long days and weekend work in the near future.

Graebel Is A Lousy Moving Company
I've been given another date when my furniture will supposedly arrive. This after another day of promised phone calls that did not come. When they did call yesterday, I wasn't at my desk so I only got a voicemail (despite the fact that they have my cell number). Quite perfunctory, no apology, barely even an acknowledgment that they've done such a lousy job so far.

Perhaps tomorrow I won't have to write an entry about how badly Graebel sucks. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home