Monday, August 09, 2004

How Do You Like It? How Do You Like It?


Best. Dinner. Ever.

Saturday, I spent the day with my friend Ken, who lives here in Hawaii. We took a long leisurely drive up the windward side of Oahu to the North Shore. We spent about an hour on a mostly deserted beach, then had a late lunch at Haleaiwa Joe's. We then headed down the middle of the island and we split up for a couple hours to freshen up and get ready for dinner.

Said dinner was at Momomo, a recently opened Japanese restaurant. I don't think I've ever had more fun at a dinner. I suppose that might have been helped by the steady of fl0w of sake, but the wonderful servers, the great tasting food, the terrific atmosphere, and of course the adorable dining companion all added up to an evening that I'll remember forever.

Bittersweet.
Why are the best guys so far away? OK, at the moment he's pretty well nearby, but I leave tonight and then there will be 6000 miles between us again. At least we've got this intraweb thingy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home