Thursday, October 14, 2004

Fight! Skate!

A couple entries ago (and many weeks ago, yeah I've been a slacker, whatever, sue me) I mentioned by drinking buddy Andy and playing bar trivia with him. Still haven't given him the big heads up, but we're getting along OK. He hasn't said anything blatantly stupid recently either.

Anyway, in a strange twist of fate, we've gone from being trivia players to trivia emcees. The guy who was doing it had a scheduling conflict and the owner of the bar asked us to fill in. We thought it was going to be a one time thing, but I guess it's going to be a regular gig. Let me tell you, making up the questions and ranking them by point value is a whole heck of a lot harder than just sitting at the bar playing.

We've done it twice now. Well, we've collaborated on the questions and rankings twice. This past Monday, he had to go do soldier stuff, so I was left to be on stage by myself. (see reference to innate shyness in previous post).

We try to make our questions a little out of the ordinary -- like "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" It's got a real answer, if you've seen the South Park Movie anyway. I'm dying to use "PC Load Letter? WTF does that mean?" but that might have to wait.

Also on tap for an upcoming game is "Name one of the bands fronted by Bob Mould."

The other night after the game, one of the players complained to me that there were "too many pop culture questions." Ummm, hello? Bar trivia? Dumbass.


current music
Pete Burns - Jack and Jill Party - Extened (thanks Joe!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home