Thursday, November 11, 2004

My Aircraft Is Broken

As I type this, I am supposed to be on my way to Honolulu. I made sure I got to the airport really early in hopes of getting on the upgrade list. Even at $250, it would be worth if for a nine hour forty minute flight. I guess there were already plenty of people who'd booked first class to begin with, or people with a lot more frequent flier miles than I do. Oh well. At least I'm going to Hawaii. Again. Third time this year.

Anyway, about ten minutes before the scheduled boarding time, they decided to let us know that there was a maintenance issue and there'd be a delay. The gate agent asked that we all stay in the area because there was a question of whethere we'd be using the same plane or getting a new one and possibly going to another gate. I would have stayed, but sometimes that airport coffee goes right through me . . . It only took me a minute to run to the men's room, but by the time I got back, they'd posted a new departure time of 1:15 (originally supposed to be 11:50) and determined that we'd be staying at the same gate.

So here I am, in an airport bar, drinking overpriced beer and eating a horrible cheeseburger. I can deal with that. But now I'm not going to get to Honolulu until 6:00 PM. And that's cutting into my already short weekend. To that, I can only say to Delta Airlines:


Oh my god, I hate you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home