Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Voting

Try as I might, I couldn't locate the postcard I'd gotten that told me where to go vote. I tried using an online resource, but it didn't have the information from my county. What it did have was a phone number to the local elections office, so I went old-school and called to ask where my polling place was. Turns out it is exactly seven blocks from my office.

Once I had that information, and not knowing what the turnout might be like, I thought that walking on up at 3PM was probably better than waiting until after work. I headed on up and had no wait to speak of. Interestingly enough, several of the more local contests had people running unopposed, and in most of those cases, the single candidate was a Democrat. There were a couple exceptions; if the only candidate for an office was a Republican, I abstained. All the information I've seen calls Georgia solidly red, so it was good to see locally there seems to be a Democrat slant. It would be nice to see that carry over to the national side, but I'm not holding my breath.

Of course there was a question about amending the state constitution to define marriage as only between a man and a woman. Stupid religious fucks.

In any event, I did my civic duty and let my voice be heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home