Wednesday, November 03, 2004

And Dog-Gone It, People Like Me

I don't want to think about the dreadful election results. Not only the outcome for the White House, but the distressing number of anti-gay amendment proposals. Just keep your religion off me, you goddamned dirty apes.

Instead, I'm going to think about how good I feel whenever I get a haircut at Cooper's Uptown Salon. Tammy is fun to talk to and as she gets to know my hair and my preferences, each cut looks better than the last. She did a number of my eyebrows today too, exorcising the ghost of Frida from my brow.

I'm also feeling better about fitness. I did a 20 mile bike ride on Sunday, and on Monday I joined the local YMCA. It's a rickety old building, with a maze of stairwells and hallways to navigate. The free weights are in the basement and are well-used, but hey, they're weights, they don't wear out, right? I've also been eating better, avoiding the vending machine at work, for therein lies evil (primarily in the guise of Herr's Salt and Pepper potato chips. Get the behind me!).

I met some nice new local people on Saturday night as well, in conjunction with going to see Bea Arthur at the RiverCenter.

So hey, I'm good enough, I'm smart enough . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home