Tuesday, April 18, 2006

More follow-ups

First the good:

After getting yet another unrequested weekly ad from Tom Leonard's Farmers Market, I sent him an email saying "please stop spamming me." His initial response was rather petulant "I'm sorry you don't like me store." I wanted to drive over there and slap him around and tell him to stop whining, but instead I replied "Hey, I love your store. What I don't like is being asked for comments, having my comment ignored, and being placed on a bulk email list." We then got into a protracted email conversation and ended up with a peaceful resolution. We even (finally) discussed multiple-item pricing, and although it's not going away, and I still don't like it, at least the topic of my original comment card was addressed.

Now, about the overpriced "hardware" store:

Not a single word in response to my letter. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip. So I'm comfortable in saying that Restoration Hardware does not seem to care about its customers. I'll have to repeat that a few times, and get some friends to link to my page here so that the phrase creeps up in the Google rankings.

On the other hand, I got a perfectly servicable mirror at IKEA the other day for only $19.99, so I saved well over $100 anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home