Saturday, February 28, 2004

Music again?



Yup, gonna talk about music again. It's in my blood. Or one of those bodily fluids.

Last night I went to see Lisa's boyfriends band, Shockwave Riders. They rocked my house. Specially 'cause they did a Joy Division cover. Their CD will be out Real Soon Now.

After the show we fumbled and stumbled our way to one of those patented Richmond VA Shockoe Bottom places. I can't even begin to explain that, but if you live here, you probably know what I mean. There was more merriment and more beer. There was almost drama, but I think we avoided most of that.

On the way downtown, I was listening to Paloalto. 'cause, you know, I like them. And I was thinking that it's time to make a mix tape. 'course nowadays, I guess that means I have to make a CD instead. Stupid technology.

So my theme is going to be "California." Or probably more specifically "LA." Here are the bands that I have thought of off the top of my head for inclusion on this nebulous project:

Agent Orange
Missing Persons
Black Flag
Palo Alto
Possum Dixon
Motels
X
Minutemen
Firehose
Dos
Mike Watt

Yeah, most of them are either from the 80's or rooted in the 80's. Wanna make something of it?

Anybody out there have any more suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home