Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Hey you! You talk funny



Caitlin is having a yard sale this weekend. I'm going to take some of my junk fine treasures over there too. But my New England background insists on calling it a "tag sale."

On the other hand, I've said "y'all" for most of my life, despite having spent the greater portion thereof north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

And when I get home from Hawaii next month, you can count on me saying things like "Aloha" and "Mahalo". Chances are very good, however, that I won't be trying to wrap my lips around "humuhumunukunukuapua'a."

-----

Speaking of Connecticut, the Tom Leonard's Farmers Market finally opened in Glen Allen, VA today. You may ask yourself what that has to do with Connecticut. Tom's father Stew has a regionally famous Market himself, with two stores in CT and two in NY. I've been waiting for this new place to open since I first saw the signs on the uncleared property a year ago. Of course I'd never actually been to any of the Stew Leonard's stores in CT. And my lunchtime excursion to Tom's place was underwhelming, although the bananas were cheap, the audio-animatronic dogs were, ummm, Disney-esque.

-----

It's a little depressing when you go to the trouble of quoting Suicidal Tendencies on your blog and nobody gets the joke. Perhaps that's because my readership is smaller than a small thing that's really really small. No, it's okay you know, I'll figure it out. Just leave me alone, I'll figure it out you know. I'm just working on myself.


Current Music
Röyksopp - Melody A.M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home